2020 Healthy Community Series
We want 2020 to be your healthiest year yet – and we’re here to help make it happen. We want to support all community members in improving or maintaining their health and wellness by providing free tools, education and resources throughout the year through our first annual Healthy Community Series – a series of targeted health and wellness events for the whole community. Each event will focus on a different area of health and wellness and will include free screenings, information and tools to help you move forward in your wellness journey.
On the third Wednesday of every month from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., free wellness screenings, including but not limited to height/weight/BMI and body composition, blood pressure, blood sugar and osteoporosis will be available at the Center for Healthy Weight & Wellness. Take advantage of these opportunities to “know your numbers” and see how your health and wellness progress through the year.
Healthy Community Series annual events include:
Heart Health Event
- Free lipid panels and blood pressure checks
- February 27, 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at Ft. Recovery
Spring Healthy Community Day
- Discounted labs, free consultations, guest speakers, expert panels & more!
- April 4, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The Galleria, Celina
Women’s Health Event
- Free Vitamin D screenings, osteoporosis screenings & clinical breast exams
- May 7, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at St. Henry
Mercer County Fair
- Free wellness screenings, speakers and health information daily
- August 14-20
- Mercer County Fairgrounds, Celina
Men’s Health Event
- Free PSA tests
- September 17, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at Southland
Fall Healthy Community/Healthy Kids Day
- Discounted labs, free wellness screenings, preschool readiness/developmental screenings and fun for kids of all ages!
- October 24, 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Mercer County Community Hospital
In addition to the Healthy Community Series, we will continue to offer our regularly scheduled educational series and support groups through the Center for Healthy Weight & Wellness and the Childbirth Center.
We will also continue to participate in other community events where we will provide services, resources and helpful information.